EDDY CURRENT TESTING
NATTS EDDY CURRENT TESTING
The primary advantage of NDT tool, Eddy current is its numerous varieties of inspection and measurements methods.
The major part of testing is to detect the structural differences and deviations in the respective materials with the help of conductive measurements.
It releases the Eddy current by sending a magnetic field in the material with the help of coil. It performs the below functionalities.
☆ Receiving and
This Eddy current inspection method is suitable for the larger surfaces than smaller surfaces as it damages the surface areas like cracks, subsurface cracks, pits, corrosions, inner surfaces, and other minor damaged areas.
It sustains with large durability for complex surfaces shapes and different sizes. The Eddy Current tool is widely used in various important sectors such as
☆ Aerospace and
☆ Other commercial Industries
FEW MAJOR TOPICS COVERED IN EDDY CURRENT TESTING COURSE
Our trainers include the best curriculum with the latest teaching techniques followed by international standards. We provide practical sessions for the required topics along with the theoretical classes. Here is the list of the significant topics covered during the course.
☆ Electromagnetic theory
☆ Test instrumentation and coil design
☆ Basic impedance plane principles
☆ Dimensional factors (lift-off and material thickness)
☆ frequency, signal-to-noise ratio, and flaw detection applications
☆ Weld inspection on ferrous and non-ferrous materials
This course acts as the best foundation to the inspectors, engineers and technicians for conducting or supervising or inspecting the Eddy current tests.
TRAINING COURSE OBJECTIVES
- Describe the basic principles of the eddy current test method
- List several applications of the eddy current test method
- List the types of discontinuities detected with the eddy current test method
- Describe the cause and effect of various types of discontinuities
- Describe the operational steps in the eddy current test and understand the importance of each step following a written procedure
- Interpret and evaluate the test results with respect to the applicable standards
- Complete the required test reports, and prepare a clear and concise written instruction (Procedure)
- Locate defects in various materials, components and structures with a high probability of detection