WHAT IS NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING?
NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING (NDT ) COURSES
NATTS is built on strong material inspection expertise, founded in 2015 by group of professionals to serve the industry. The company strictly follows good work culture and ethics in business.
Strong in many testing techniques, NATTS values every client, cares for the quality of their products and believes in stronger customer relationship by providing dedicated, quick and timely services. Understanding the strict process and delivery schedules of the client our team relentlessly strives to complete every project in time.
Mr. Ravi kumar Ronank & Mr.Srikanth Mamidi & founded NATTS Hyderabad, India in the year 2010.
WHAT IS NDT?
Nondestructive testing (NDT) is the process of inspecting, testing, or evaluating materials, components or assemblies for discontinuities, or differences in characteristics without destroying the serviceability of the part or system. In other words, when the inspection or test is completed the part can still be used.
We provide training as per American Society for Non Destructive Testing (ASNT-SNT-TC-1A) on All NDT Methods . The candidate will undergo Theoretical and practical examination at the end of the training.
Non-Destructive testing (NDT) is a non-invasive technique for identifying the integrity of materials, component or structure. Since it enables inspection without interfering with a product’s last use, NDT provides a great balance between quality cost-effectiveness and control.
The primary objective of NDT is definitely to predict or evaluate the performance and assistance life of an element or something at various levels of manufacturing and program cycles.
NDT can be used for quality control of the products and facilities, and for fitness or purpose evaluation (so-called plant life assessment)) to judge remaining procedure life of plant elements (processing lines, pipes, and vessels).
NDT inspection of commercial engineering and equipment structures is essential in power generation plants, chemical substance and petroleum processing sectors, and transportation sector. State-of-the- innovative art methodology is applied to evaluate the current condition, fitness-for-service, and remaining lifestyle of products.
NDT inspection provides simple data assisting in developing strategic programs for extending vegetation. The necessity for quality centered Non-Destructive Inspection in a variety of industries by technically proficient and experienced persons got led to the building blocks of this business.
The knowledge gained from allied sectors for two years from different continents in onshore and offshore structured projects offers helped us immensely in providing the specific inputs required by various industries.
The experience we’d gained in the next sectors provides helped us immensely in shaping up the business and expanding our actions from Industrial NDT Training, NDT services, NDT consultancy, NDT expedition at sites and projects, Orientation and motivational programmes to the NDT personnel in organizations.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE METHODS
NDT Certification can be obtained in the number of methods, which are listed in the table below.
|Acoustic Emission Testing||AE|
|Liquid Penetrant Testing||PT|
|Magnetic Particle Testing||MT|
|Neutron Radiographic Testing||NRT|
|Vibration Analysis Testing||VA|
Level I: individual should be qualified to properly perform specific calibrations, specific NDT and specific evaluations for acceptance or rejectance of discontinuities according to written instructions. The NDT Level I should receive the necessary instruction and supervision from a certified NDT Level II or III individual.
Level II: Qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standard, and specifications. Should be thoroughly familiar with scope and limitations of methods for which qualified and should exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of trainees and NDT Level I personnel. He should be able to organize and report the results.
Level III: Qualified to develop, qualify and approve procedures, establish and approve techniques, interpreting codes, standards, specification, and procedure and designate the particular NDT Methods, techniques, and procedure to be used. Should have sufficient practical background in applicable materials, fabrication and product technology to establish techniques and acceptance criteria when one are otherwise available. An NDT Level III Personnel Should be capable of training and examining Level I and II personnel.
NDT CERTIFICATION BODIES
There are a number of organizations that have produced documents that recommended or specify the minimum qualifications for certification. The following is a partial list of certification bodies for the certification of NDT personnel.
- ASNT : American Society for Non-Destructive Testing
- AINDT: Australian Institute for Non-Destructive Testing
- PCN : Personel certification in Non Destructive testing
- BINDT : British Institute of NDT
- CSNDT : Canadian Society for NDT
- ISNT : Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing
- ISO 9712 : EN ISO 9712:2012 is a certification issued by the German institute for standardization . It certifies personnel working in Non-destructive testing
- JSND I: Japanese Society for Non-Destructive Inspection
- KSNT : Korean Society for Non-Destructive Testing
- NDTA : New Zealand NDT Association
- Danish Society For NDT
- CNDE Institute of Canada – The Canadian Institute for Non-destructive Evaluation
- Dutch Quality Surveillance and Non-Destructive Testing Society
The following are lists of Standards pertaining to the certification of NDT personnel used in NDT
- SNT-TC-1A, The American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Recommended Practice, Personnel Qualification and Certification in Nondestructive Testing.
- ATA-105 Aviation Transport Association, Guidelines for Training and Qualifying Personnel in Nondestructive Testing Methods.
- AIA-NAS-410, Aerospace Industries Association, National Aerospace Standard, NAS Certification and Qualification of Nondestructive Test Personnel.
- ISO 9712, International Organization for Standards, Nondestructive testing Qualification and certification of personnel.
CNDT – CONVENTIONAL NDT METHODS
- Radiographic Testing
- Radiographic Testing Film Interpretation ( RTFI)
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing of T,K,Y joints
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Penetrate Testing
- Visual Testing
Radiography is one of the oldest and widely used nondestructive testing methods. A radiograph is a photographic record produced by the passage of electromagnetic radiation such as x-rays or gamma rays through an object onto a film.
RADIOGRAPHIC TESTING FILM INTERPRETATION ( RTFI)
- Review Of The Radiographic Variables Related To Film Interpretation
- Radiographic Viewing
- Radiographic Image Quality
- Exposure Techniques
- Radiographic artifacts
- Codes, Procedures, and Written Practices
- Radiographic Report Forms
ULTRASONIC THICKNESS GAUGING ( UTG)
To provide a basic knowledge of Ultrasonic’s to enable a participant to carryout thickness gauging tests according to an established procedure under the supervision of a level II or level III personnel. The course is especially designed to provide a sound theoretical knowledge and practical skill for carrying out Ultrasonic thickness testing
For pipes, tubes, hollow machined components, castings, plates and corroded parts
- Ultrasonic Fundamentals
- Ultrasonic Transducers – Construction and Operation
- Longitudinal Waves
- Effects of Reflector/Test Geometry
- Pulse-Echo Test Set up
- Couplants and Coupling Techniques
- Ultrasonic Instrumentation
- Thickness Measurement
ULTRASONIC TESTING ( UT) – TKY JOINTS ( OFF SHORE)
A certification course exclusively designed for acquiring proficiency to conduct Ultrasonic testing (UT) of critical T-K-Y weld joints during fabrication of structures and piping.
The course is meant for in depth learning of special techniques suitable for directly applying to actual T-K-Y weld joints on field. NDT Level III Trainers with vast experience in inspection of specialized weld inspection applications will teach the subject.
The program consists of PowerPoint presentations, in depth study about interpretation of applicable codes related to these types of joints, practical sessions and technical discussions to quickly bring the students for easy understanding the subject.
- API-RP 2X (Tubular Connections)
- Selection of probes
- Construction of DAC
- Evaluation of defects
- Acceptance criteria
- AWS D 1.1 (Non tubular connection Steel Structures)
- Statically loaded
- Cyclically loaded Structures.
- Construction of weld cross section involving curvature using profile-gauge and other methods
- Estimating change of angle, beam-path, surface distance for curved surfaces
- Construction of a flaw locating rule for T K Y Weld Inspection
- Applying acceptance criteria
- Ultrasonic inspection report preparation
MAGNETIC PARTICLE TESTING
Magnetic particle testing is a method for detecting cracks and other discontinuities on surface and subsurface of ferro-magnetic materials. Sensitivity of detection is maximum at the surface and diminishes rapidly with increasing depth of sub-surface defects.
Also known as Liquid penetrant inspection,Dye penetrant testing is the most reliable method of finding defects and discontinuities opened on the surface especially in all non-porous materials. This method is widely used for testing of non-magnetic materials
Visual testing is the most commonly used test method in industry. Because most test methods require that the operator look at the surface of the part being inspected, visual inspection is inherent in most of the other test methods.